I wouldn't know exactly why, but drive in the United States It is a rewarding experience. We have been able to verify this in our length coast to coast trip, in which we have traveled more than 18,000 kilometers.
For some strange reason, it is simple, and after reflecting, we have reached the following conclusions on the reasons that favor a easy driving on US roads.
- Large interstate highways have at least two lanes and are wide and comfortable
- In general, the roads are well paved
- The Speed limits They are very tight, down and are respected by the vast majority of drivers
- US highways, unlike European highways, are more integrated into the landscape, more "close" to the environment
- The two directions of the march of these roads / highways are generally separated by a medium several meters wide, which reduces the possible feeling of overwhelm
- The road signs it is the minimum necessary; In other words, the prohibitions and indications are just
Road signs at Houston accesses
- In wide wide urban streets of two directions always you can turn left, either using a central lane solely dedicated to it, or at traffic light crossings.
- In the crosses The name of the street or road you cross is always indicated.
- In the Interstate highway exits They always tell you the names of the different brands of gasoline, restaurants and hotels that you will find in the service area, as well as an indication of the nearby tourist attractions.
Anyway. all these features make the world of driving in the United States.
Also it is possible to comment that in the big cities there are direct lanes to the urban centers, by which cars can circulate that, yes, they must have at least two passengers to be able to use them.
And on the other hand, in many crosses the existing STOP is applied to all four sides of it, and the priority is marked by the order of arrival of the cars to the STOP.
DOWNLOAD the EBOOK BOOK from the ROAD TRIP COSTA to COSTA
In addition to being able to follow through the blog the different stages of the road trip coast to coast trip through the United States and Canada, you have the possibility of having all the information compiled in a single document. To do this, download the ebook book “18118 kilometers through the United States and Canada”.
FOLLOW THE DIFFERENT STAGES of the COSTA to COSTA TRIP
I invite you to follow the chronicle of this great road trip coast to coast travel through the United States and Canada.
If you subscribe to Travel Guides to the United States, you will receive in your mail each of the chapters on the days they are published.
You just have to include your email address in the attached form and you will immediately receive a verification email that will allow you to activate the subscription.
Receive GUIDES TRAVEL to UNITED STATES by email